Monday, May 10, 2010

almost there

I'm waiting in Auckland, NZ for my flight to Christchurch.  So far:

Met a couple friendly kiwis and fellow tourists in the airport while waiting for the flight.  Also met some people from the UGA program who are very nice.

Qantas is pretty awesome.  Fancy pillows and blankets.  LOTS of food.  Toothbrushes and eyemasks.  Free personal TVs with lots of movies (I watched UP and Avatar and a Aussie documentary about a photographer in the salt flat there). 

The stars at night were unbelieveable.

My pen exploded and my hand is now strangely purple.  My ears are also popping non-stop due to the pressure differences everywhere.

We flew over the North Island and saw sheep and cows and black sand beaches.  The sea is strangely calm looking.  Everything is very green and the trees are very different looking.  The people are friendly so far.  

Still waiting to find a place to exchange my money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheep. I've heard they smell really bad. Watch out!

SHIGO said...

oh-m-geee all this sounds so excitingggg!! Money exchange to what? sorry i didnt know they had different currency